At The Deck Cafe & Bar at Batu Karang Lembongan Resort & Day Spa, we like to promote active, healthy lifestyles to compliment all the yummy cocktails to indulge in at Happy Hour & beyond! So whilst you may be on holiday, it’s always nice to keep the routine and sweat it out to balance the fun. And just because you are on an island doesn’t mean there’s any shortage of options to keep you healthy, in fact quite the opposite, so here are some of our favourite ways to get the heart going:
1. Surfing. Get your boards out and get paddling! It may be the most obvious choice for Nusa Lembongan, but it’s what we are known for. And even between waves when you are floating away, you will be lucky to catch the occasional turtle or tropical reef fish in the crystal clear water.
2. Running. With the lesser traffic than on the mainland, the roads are safe and mostly paved to run on. Running through the villages you will get some good heart-starting hills, along with some smiley waves from the local villagers. Run through the mangroves if you prefer a flat sheltered road! A little locals tip….catch the sunrise and have the streets to yourself as well as cooler air.
3. Interval Training. With “The Hill” overlooking Jungut Batu, this is a perfect landscape for some stair & hillside interval training – only for the brave! Get your sweat happening with the uphill run and downhill recovery walk. Do this 10 times and you will thank yourself later when you have the well-deserved margarita!
4. Cycling. Nusa Lembongan is approximately 13km all around with a mixture of flat and hill surfaces. So jumping on a bike and taking in the scenery is a perfect way to keep fit. Just be mindful of any of the local trucks passing through, and even stop at a local warung to rehydrate along the way. Don’t forget your camera!
5. Yoga. With a few shalas to choose from and a variety of yoga types, these will be sure to keep the routine balanced. If you prefer a sweaty Power Yoga or a Vinyasa Flow, or even a stretchy Yin, the options are all available with some fantastic instructors to get you moving.
Just get out there, sometimes it is a challenge getting yourself out there, but you will thank yourself in the end and be glad that you did. And don’t forget to stop by The Deck Cafe & Bar afterwards for a cold coconut…or even something a little more adult!